banner image

Facebook

banner image

Like Father

Like Father

My father's embrace is tighter
Now that he knows
He is not the only man in my life.
He whispers, Remember when, and , I love you,
As he holds my hand hungry
For a discussion of Bible scriptures
Over breakfast. He pours cups of coffee 
I can't stop
Spilling.
My father's embrace is firm and warm
Now that he knows. He begs forgiveness
For anything he may  have done to make me 
Turn to abomination
As he watches my eggs, scrambled
Soft. Yolk runs all over the plate.
A rubber band binds the morning paper.
My father's embrace tightens. Grits
Stiffen. I hug back
Like a little boy, gripping 
To prove his handshake. 
Daddy squeezes me close,
But I cannot his heartbeat
And he cannot hear mine ---
There is too much flesh between us,
Two men in love.

Jericho Brown
Like Father Like Father Reviewed by Zintovlogs on October 13, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

This is the current condition of these people after rain it is really heartbreaking

district Badin This is the current condition of these people after rain it is really heartbreaking and very sad . They have no facilities e...

Powered by Blogger.