banner image

Facebook

banner image

NOT WHAT SHE MEANT

she i am sorry to hear that they have separated

She:_ "I am sorry to hear that they have separated. Is there no chance
of their becoming reconciled?"
_He:_ "Oh, they seem to be _quite_ reconciled."
* * *
_He:_ "By the bye, talking of old times, do you remember that occasion
when I made such an awful ass of myself?"
_She:_ "Which?"
* * *
_Jones_ (_who is of an inquiring mind_): "Ain't you getting _tired_ of
hearing people say, 'That is the beautiful Miss Belsize!'?"
_Miss Belsize_ (_a professional beauty_): "Oh, no. I'm getting tired of
hearing people say, 'Is _that_ the beautiful Miss Belsize?'"
* * *
_Mrs. Montague Smart_ (_suddenly, to bashful youth, who has not opened
his lips since he was introduced to her a quarter of an hour ago_): "And
now let us talk of something else!"
* * *
_Mamma:_ "It's very late, Emily. Has anybody taken you down to supper?"
_Fair Debutante_ (_who has a fine healthy appetite_): "Oh, yes,
Mamma--several people!"
* * *

_Guest:_ "Well, good-bye, Old Man!--and you've really got a very nice
little place here!"
_Host:_ "Yes; but it's rather bare, just now. I hope the trees will have
grown a good bit before you're back, Old Man!"
* * *

_She:_ "No! I can't give you another dance. But I'll introduce you to
the prettiest girl in the room!"
_He:_ "But I don't _want_ to dance with the prettiest girl in the room.
I want to dance with _you_!"
* * *

"I warn you, Sir! The discourtesy of this bank is beyond all limits. One
word more and I--I withdraw my overdraft."
* * *

_Wife_ (_at upper window_): "Where you bin this hour of the night?"
"I've bin at me union, considerin' this 'ere strike."
"Well--you can stay down there an' consider this 'ere lock-out."
* * *

_Motor-Launch Officer_ (_who has rung for full-speed without result_):
"What's the matter?"
_Voice-from below:_ "One of the cylinders is missing, Sir."
_Commander:_ "Well, look sharp and find the bally thing--we want to get
on."
* * *

_Mother:_ "Did you remember to pray for everybody, dear?"
_Daughter:_ "Well, Mummy, I prayed for you, but Jack prayed for Daddy.
He's looking after him just now."
NOT WHAT SHE MEANT NOT WHAT SHE MEANT Reviewed by Zintovlogs on September 18, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

This is the current condition of these people after rain it is really heartbreaking

district Badin This is the current condition of these people after rain it is really heartbreaking and very sad . They have no facilities e...

Powered by Blogger.